Monday 15 February 2010

That was the week that was


The last week of a term is usually quite exciting whether it is the old half term break approaching or a full blown holiday. The last week of the term this time was very stressful with the funeral of one of our 18 year old students on the final day. Hollie died following a car accident and the school closed early on Friday as a mark of respect and to allow teachers and pupils to go to the funeral.

Funerals generally are not fun places to be , the last one I attended was over 20 years ago, for my mother. This particular funeral was harrowing for different reasons. Because of her youth and vitality, the snuffing out of such a vibrant person shook everyone to the core and bought home the necessity of living life to the full whilst you can. I was fine until Hollies dad was talking. He went through the alphabet ..'Hollie was Amazing, Artistic ' etc etc but, when he got to M and ended by saying 'she was mine' I crumbled. Here was a daddy talking about his precious little girl and it broke me in ways I didn't think I could still be broken...Hollie is gone but will never be forgotten by her family, her friends and anyone who knew her.

I dont think many people read this blog (I know, I know...rambling middle aged woman stuff LOL) but IF you do, then please think about donating to the Royal Hallamshire Hospital who assisted both Hollie and her family during the last hours .

The photo of the day was taken in Paris last year

No comments:

Post a Comment