Sunday 7 February 2010

Old Friends


An unexpected phone call on Thursday evening bought me back into contact with two old friends from the Tom Holt newsgroup. 10 years ago, myself and Paul Bines organised the inaugural Tom Holt meet with Tom himself and several people from the newsgroup including Roger and Chris. I had an instant rapport with Chris and although we could rarely meet, conversations online were long and plentiful. They both came up to Lincolnshire 8 years ago, not long after we moved back here and the phone call was to say that the FilkCon was being held at Grantham and lo, they were visiting :)

Their personal situation has changed somewhat since I last saw them and they are both looking and sounding much happier even though Chris is recovering from a hear attack! They came to the house yesterday and then whisked me away to the Ramada in Grantham to meet up with a few people from the froup of old. I had a good few hours there before Stephen came to pick me up. The good news (or even better news?) is that the FilkCon will be held here again next year so I can go again (and hopefully better organised this time!)

Also managed to watch England beat Wales in the rugby YAY!!! Mwahaha

Less than a week until the Winter Olympics start, really looking forward to it , sport by proxy, has to be good!

Todays piccy is one that I have a print of in my hall, I call it ZOOOM ball :)

No comments:

Post a Comment